Terms of service
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
ARTICLE 1 – SCOPE
ARTICLE 2 – THE PRODUCTS OFFERED FOR SALE
The Products offered for sale on the us.lanvin.com website are those that are shown on the website on the day the Customer visits the website. The key characteristics of the Products and in particular the specifications, illustrations, and indications of dimensions or capacity of the Products, are presented on the us.lanvin.com website. The Customer is responsible for taking note of these before placing an order. The choice and purchase of a Product is the Customer’s sole responsibility. The photographs on the us.lanvin.com website are presented for illustrative purposes. The Customer is required to refer to the description of each product to learn about its properties, key characteristics, and delivery lead times.The Products presented on the us.lanvin.com website are offered for sale in the United States. For all Products shipped to the United States, the price of the Product will be indicated on the invoice as well as any customs duties or other local taxes, import duties, or state taxes that may be payable. They will be payable by the Customer.
Lanvin warranty applies on all products purchased on the us.lanvin.com website and in our boutiques, even FINAL SALE products.
ARTICLE 3 – VALIDITY PERIOD OF THE PRODUCT OFFERS
The Product offers and prices are valid for as long as they are mentioned on the us.lanvin.com website. Product availability information is provided to the Customer on the day of the order. Should, exceptionally, the Products ordered and paid for, be no longer available, the Customer Service will contact the Customer as soon as possible to inform them of this and to make a full refund of the amounts paid by the Customer. L5 US E.Com LLC reserves the right to withdraw Products from sale at any time. Stocks may be limited during commercial transactions such as sales.
ARTICLE 4 - THE VENDOR’S CONTACT INFORMATION
The Vendor’s contact information is as follows: L5 US E.Com LLC whose registered address is 20 West 22nd Street, Suite #1510 New York, NY 10010. firstname.lastname@example.org. (800) 467-4765. Confirmation of the order by the Customer is deemed to be unconditional and unreserved acceptance of the General Terms of Sale. The Customer acknowledges having the capacity required to contract and purchase the Products offered on the us.lanvin.com website.
ARTICLE 5 – ORDERS
5-1 Ordering process
1. Fill the virtual cart by clicking on the “Add to bag” button and indicating the selected Products, size and desired quantities. For a pre-order, fill in the virtual cart by clicking on the “Reserve item” button. The Product shipment date will then be indicated.
2. Check the virtual cart and, if necessary, change its contents.
3. Click on the “Checkout” button.
4. Identify yourself on the Website: either by Express checkout ; or by creating an account on the Website by completing a form, some of whose fields are mandatory for your order to be taken into account ; or if you already have a customer account, by logging in to the website by entering your email address and password and clicking on “Log in”.
5. Fill out the delivery information (full identity, email address, phone number, delivery contact details). Enter the billing address if it is different from the shipping address.
6. Click on « Continue to shipping » to select your delivery method. Extra fees can be applied depending on the delivery method selected.
7. By clicking on « Continue to payment », the Customer is asked to choose their payment method by bank card or by PayPal account. For payment by bank card, the Customer must enter the details of the bank card used (holder name, card number, expiration, CVV). and is asked to check the box “By confirming your order, you agree to the General Terms of Sale”.
The virtual cart summary page clearly indicates to the Customer the payment obligation resulting from the tax calculation.
The Vendor does not wish to sell the Products on the us.lanvin.com website to professionals, but only to consumers or non-professionals for their personal needs. The Vendor reserves the right to refuse or cancel an order for legitimate reasons (e.g. an order for an abnormal quantity, placed in bad faith, or an order from a Customer with whom a dispute relating to a previous order exists).
ARTICLE 6 – PRICES
The Products are supplied at the prices in force appearing on the us.lanvin.com website at the time the order is recorded by the Vendor. Prices are expressed in US dollars. The prices take into account any reductions granted by the Vendor on the us.lanvin.com website. The Vendor reserves the right to offer promotional codes. These promotional codes may only be issued by the Vendor and will not be applicable to the price of Products already subject to other promotions (seasonal sales, batch sales, sales with free products or services, price reductions, etc.). The Vendor may not be held liable for any promotional codes disclosed on the forums other than those issued by it and to which it has not consented. These prices are firm and not revisable during their validity period, as indicated on the us.lanvin.com website, with the Vendor reserving the right, outside of this validity period, to change the prices at any time. They do not include the processing, taxes, shipping, transportation and delivery costs, which are charged in addition, according to the terms indicated on the us.lanvin.com website and calculated prior to placing the order. If the Customer requests a faster shipping method or one that is more expensive than standard shipping, the additional delivery costs, as they appear when the Customer confirms the order, shall be entirely at the Customer’s expense. The payment requested from the Customer is the total amount of the purchase, including these costs. All Products have an identification label affixed to them with a single-use seal.
ARTICLE 7 – PAYMENT TERMS
For payment of the price of the Products and the costs associated with shipment and delivery, the Customer may follow the procedures indicated in the order form. The price is payable in cash, in full on the day the order is shipped to the customer by the Vendor by secure payment, according to the following conditions:
- by bank card: Bank Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, other bank cards;
- by PayPal account
If payment is made by credit/debit card, financial information (e.g. the credit/debit card number or expiration date) will be transferred, using a cryptographic protocol to Paypal payments or other banks that provide services related to remote electronic payment, without any third parties having access to them under any circumstances. The Vendor will never become aware of financial information. It will liaise with Paypal payments for the procedures related to your purchase or to issue refunds in the event of any return of the Products in accordance with the right of withdrawal, or if it is necessary to prevent or report the occurrence of fraud on us.lanvin.com to the competent authorities.
ARTICLE 8 - PRODUCT DELIVERY
The Products ordered by the Customer will be delivered by FedEx in the United States within 3 to 7 days from the order shipment date.
Unless one or more Products are unavailable, the Products ordered will be delivered together. The Vendor shall make every effort to deliver the Products ordered by the Customer within the above-stated times. However, these periods are provided as an indication only. If the Products ordered have not been delivered within 5 days of the indicative delivery date, except in cases of force majeure such as a pandemic and lockdown, for any cause other than force majeure or due to the Customer’s action, the sale may be canceled at the Customer’s written request. The amounts paid by the Customer will then be returned within fourteen days of the contract termination date, with no compensation or deduction retained. If the delivered Product is defective, the Vendor undertakes to rectify the problem or refund the Customer, as described in Article 11 - “Legal Warranty”. The Vendor bears the risks of transportation and is responsible for refunding the Customer in the event of damage caused during transportation. Risk of loss shall pass to the Customer upon delivery.
Please note that orders placed during a Sale period may expect a delay in fulfilment.
ARTICLE 9 – TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP – TRANSFER OF RISKS
Regardless of the date of the transfer of ownership of the Products, the transfer of the risks of loss and deterioration relating thereto will only be made when the Customer physically takes possession of the Products. The Products, therefore, travel at the Vendor’s own risk.
ARTICLE 10 – RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
The aim of us.lanvin.com is to guarantee the Customer's entire satisfaction. However, if for any reason the Customer is not satisfied with their order, they may, without penalty, subject to the terms set out in the General Terms of Sale, exercise their right of withdrawal within fourteen (14) days from the date on which they have received the Products purchased on us.lanvin.com. The Products that the Customer wishes to return must, within fourteen (14) days of the date on which they have exercised their right of withdrawal, be returned by the carrier of their choice or consign them to the FedEx carrier according to the terms specified below. The Products may thus be returned by having the package sent by the carrier indicated by the supplier (FedEx), provided that the Return Form that the Customer will find online in the Return Center section is completed or by contacting Customer Care.
Please note that swimsuits, tights, masks and products marked as FINAL SALE cannot be exchanged or returned at any time.
10.1 Terms for exercising the right of withdrawal:
The terms for exercising the right of withdrawal are as follows:
1. The Customer is invited to carefully fill in the return request in the Return Center, in the framework where he registered, within 14 days following the date of receipt of his order. If the Customer has placed the order as a guest, or if he encounters difficulties, the return request can be made directly to our Customer Service.
2. The Products must not have been worn, used, modified, washed or damaged and, in all cases, comply with the conditions stated in the section on the Conformity checks below.
3. The refund label must still be attached to the Product with the single-use seal.
4. The Products must be returned in their entirety, unused and in their original packaging.
5. The returned Products must be consigned to the carrier within fourteen (14) days of the date on which your right of withdrawal is exercised. If the Customer has complied with all the requirements, the Vendor will refund the price of the Products purchased and returned. If the Customer chooses to use FedEx, the Customer will not have to pay or advance the return costs to the FedEx courier, which are directly borne by the Vendor. The return costs will only be paid by the Vendor for one consignment. Therefore, in the case of multiple consignments, the return costs of the other consignments will be borne by the Customer. Should the Customer chooses to use a carrier different from that proposed by us.lanvin.com, the Customer will have to pay the return costs directly to the carrier they have chosen. Returns may be shipped by the FedEx carrier specified by Vendor. The Customer will be able to print the prepaid return label generated by the Return Center. This process will allow the Vendor to pay the return costs to the carrier directly and to check at any time where the package is located. The Customer will contact FedEx to arrange the return of the Products. If for the return of the Products, the Customer decides to use a different carrier from that indicated by us.lanvin.com, they will personally pay the return costs and they will bear responsibility for loss or damage of the Products during the carriage. The Customer will be contacted again if their return cannot be accepted as it does not comply with the conditions stated in paragraphs 2. and 4. of Section 10.1 above. The Customer may choose to have the Products they have purchased sent back to them. In the absence of such a request, the Vendor may keep the Products, in addition to the amounts already paid for their purchase.
10.2 Conformity checks:
The Products must be returned in their original condition, unused, in perfect condition, with all protective packaging, labels, and adhesives affixed to them (if applicable), including all accessories and documents. The Vendor reserves the right to refuse any Product return that shows signs of wear, or that has been used or modified compared to its original condition in any way, or alternatively, reduce the refund amount or the value of the exchange, as the case may be. For example, the Vendor may choose to grant a partial refund in the following cases:
- the product(s) have been used, worn, damaged, or washed;
- the single-use sealed identification label is not attached to the product(s) or has not been returned. The Customer should note that the identification label is an integral part of each product; and/or
- the Customer has not returned a packaging item that is an integral part of a product (e.g. the dust bag or storage bag).
The Customer will be informed if the Vendor decides to reduce the amount of the refund for this reason. In this case, the Customer may (rather than obtain a partial refund from the Vendor) choose to have the Products returned to them at their expense. If the Customer refuses this delivery, the Vendor reserves the right to keep the Products and the amount specified as a partial refund due to the loss of value of the returned Products.
Please note that swimsuits, tights, masks and products marked as FINAL SALE cannot be exchanged or returned at any time.
10.3 Refund time limits and terms:
After receipt and verification by the Vendor of compliance with the requirements, the Customer will receive an email confirming acceptance of the return of the Products. Regardless of the payment method used (credit/debit card), the refund is activated by the Vendor as soon as possible, no later than fourteen (14) days after the Products are delivered to the FedEx carrier or, in the case of another carrier, on receipt by the Vendor of proof of shipment of the Products, provided that exercising this right meets all the conditions set out in the General Conditions of Sale. The actual time needed to re-credit or refund amounts depends on the payment method used:
- credit/debit card purchase: the refund time depends on the bank that issued the credit/debit card. The Vendor recalls that the date of the new credit (which is deemed to be the refund) will be the same as the debit date, as a result of which the Customer will not suffer any bank interest penalty;
- purchase via PayPal: the refund on the customer's PayPal account will be visible immediately. The actual refund on the credit card of the Customer’s PayPal account depends on the credit card company;
If it is a gift, a refund of the amount will be made to the person who made the payment.
10.4 Product labels:
All Products offered for sale by the Vendor have a label fastened by a single-use seal. The Customer is requested to try the item without removing the label or the corresponding seal since returned Products will not be accepted if they are missing.
ARTICLE 11 - INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Lanvin trademark and all the trademarks, signs and logos appearing on the Products, their accessories or their packaging, whether registered or not (“Lanvin Marks”) are and remain the Vendor’s exclusive property. The content of the us.lanvin.com website, in particular, the textual, visual, graphic elements contained therein, in particular graphics, images, characters and any other element of the website (“Content”), belongs to the Vendor and its partners and is protected by French and international intellectual property laws. The Lanvin Mark, the us.lanvin.com website and its Content may not be modified, reproduced, represented, incorporated in a derivative work or otherwise, on any medium. Any reproduction in whole or in part of this content is strictly prohibited and may constitute an offense of infringement. No provision of the General Terms of Sale grants the Customer rights to the website, except those needed for navigation by the Customer on the website, and for placing an order.
ARTICLE 12 – PERSONAL DATA
ARTICLE 13 - FORCE MAJEURE
The Parties may not be considered liable if the non-performance or delay in the performance of any of their obligations, as described in the General Terms of Sale, results from a force majeure event including, without limitation, (a) acts of God; (b) flood, fire, earthquake, epidemics or other health emergencies, or explosion; (c) war, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest; (d) government order, law, or actions; (e) embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this Agreement; (f) national or regional emergency; (g) strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns, or other industrial disturbances; (h) telecommunication breakdowns, power outages or shortages, lack of warehouse or storage space, inadequate transportation services, or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials; and (i) other events beyond the control of the Impacted Party.
ARTICLE 14- APPLICABLE LAW - LANGUAGE
The General Terms and Conditions of Sale and the operations arising therefrom will be governed by California law. They are written in English. If they are translated into one or more other languages, only the English text would be considered authentic in the event of a dispute.
ARTICLE 15 – BINDING ARBITRATION
ARTICLE 16– THE CUSTOMER'S ACCEPTANCE
By placing an order on the us.lanvin.com website a natural person (or legal entity) is deemed to adhere to and accept in full the General Terms of Sale and the obligation to pay for the products ordered. The Customer expressly recognizes the foregoing and waives, in particular, the right to rely on any contradictory document, which would, in any event, be unenforceable on the Vendor.
ARTICLE 17 – ARCHIVING OF TRANSACTIONS
Invoices are archived on a reliable and durable medium to ensure they are faithful and durable copies. The Vendor undertakes to retain and archive on any media, for ten (10) years, contracts concluded between the Customer and the Vendor of a value greater or equal to one hundred and twenty (120) dollars and to guarantee access by the Customer to them at all times.